BHN has been engaging people in services for over 10 years in our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). PHP is a safe place for individuals coming from an inpatient hospital stay or who are at high risk for psychiatric hospitalization, or are stepping down from a more intensive program.
People Connect with Their Strengths and Skills at PHP
PHP is offered 5 hours per day, 5 days per week for 2-5 weeks. It provides intensive group therapy where individuals solidify relationship and life skills, work on recovery planning and benefit from staff who have had similar lived experience.
What to Expect at PHP
- On-site access to medication services
- Recovery planning
- Stress/distress management
- Brief and focused group treatment that meets individual needs
- Information sharing among participants
- Substance use education
- Discharge and aftercare planning
Clinical criteria for PHP admission:
- Severe interference in multiple areas of daily life, including emotional and social functions, vocational/educational, and/or tasks functioning.
- Mental illness has either an acute onset or represents an acute exacerbation of a persistent condition, OR an acute exacerbation of the severe disorder would be expected to recur in the absence of continuing intensive services.
- Person is not in imminent danger to self or others.
- Person has adequate support system to sustain/maintain self outside of PHP.
- Person is capable and willing to participate in and benefit from an active treatment program.
Eligibility and Locations
- Adults, 18 years and older
- Referrals accepted from human service agencies, hospitals, primary care physicians, residential programs and self-referral
Contact Us at (413) 301-9337 to explore payment/coverage options.
Partial Hospital Program at the Liberty Street Clinic
417 Liberty Street, Entrance D in Springfield, MA