BHN’s Early Development Center offers playgroups for children under 3 years of age, both for those enrolled in its Early Intervention program and for children in the community. The Center also offers weekly support groups for parents. Playgroups give children an opportunity to interact, socialize and learn to play cooperatively.
BHN’s Early Development Center offers:
• A safe play area with lots of fun activities for motor skill development using trampolines, tunnel crawling and parachute play
• Sensory equipment including a sensory swing and a sensory table
• Arts and crafts activities
• Music and movement groups
• Sensory/motor groups facilitated by a Licensed Occupational Therapist/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Preschool readiness groups that improve children’s social and emotional development
• Weekly parent support groups
Skilled Early Intervention therapists plan and oversee all playgroups. Groups are offered weekly, and lengths of playgroups vary from 1 to 2.5 hours based on the group focus and age of the children.
1985 Main Street, Springfield, MA