Early Intervention Program
Child Guidance Clinic Early Intervention Program
Early Intervention is an integrated developmental service available to families of children between the ages of birth and three years of age for whom there are developmental concerns due to identified disabilities, or whose typical development is at risk due to certain birth or environmental factors. Services are funded by most insurers and the Department of Public Health.
Early Intervention provides a variety of services based on the family and child’s needs. Services are provided in the child’s natural environment including the home, childcare center, and community.
Services may include:
- Parent Education and Support
- Home Visits
- Developmental Play Groups
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Access to Autism Services
- Certified Infant Massage Therapists
- Family Support around Complicated Health Care Needs
- Transition to Chapter 766 Services (Public School), Head Start or other programs upon the child’s 3rd birthday
- Access to continued services at the Child Guidance Clinic when the child transitions from Early Intervention at age 3 years.
Referrals can be made by pediatricians, neighborhood health centers, hospitals, childcare providers, social service agencies, as well as by parents themselves.
For more information please call the Early Intervention Program at the Child Guidance Clinic
Child Guidance Clinic
110 Maple Street
Springfield, MA 01105
Tel. 413-304-2942 Fax. 413-737-3000